(WRe)Alloys from Tungsten-Rhenium (WRe) are used in various compositions. The alloy element Rhenium transfers a number of interesting characteristics to Tungsten. Due to this fact the recrystallization temperature and electrical resistance is higher. In addition to that a major advantage is the higher ductility, especially after heating respectively recrystallization.
Significant Characteristics and Applications:
- better characteristics regarding improved ductility compared with pure Tungsten
- very good high temperature resistance
- higher recrystallization temperature than pure Tungsten
- WRe5 / WRe26 (Thermo element type C)
- WRe3 / WRe25 (Thermo element type D)
High temperature thermo elements, cathodes, filaments, rocket components, anodes of X-ray tube anodes, friction stir welding tools and others.
ASTM Standard Specifications:
ASTM F73 (Tungsten-Rhenium Alloy Wire for Electron Devices and Lamps)
ASTM E696 (Tungsten-Rhenium Alloy Thermocouple Wire)
Range of Products:
Wires, rods, sheets, plates and finished parts.